To streamline your shipping process and save time, setting up packages in your settings can be helpful. Here are the steps to set up a package:
- 1. Navigate to Settings>Packages, click
- 2. Select the package type – this will affect the pricing offered by the carrier in the rate shop. If you need a standard box, choose “Box.” For a poly-mailer, select “Soft-Pack” to access USPS soft pack cubic rates.
- 3. Give your package a descriptive name for easy identification.
- 4. Enter the dimensions of the package. For envelopes or poly mailers, the height is should be entered as 1 inch. Note: dimensions are not required for flat rate boxes as they are pre-configured.
- 5. Provide the package weight (optional). The package weight field is broken into two options. Additional weight is designed to include the weight of the empty box, this is added to the item weight which is imported from your order store. If you use total weight, the box weight will overwrite the order weight imported from your shopping cart. Using the weight fields can improve the accuracy of your shipping quotes, particularly if you’re using a large or multi-layered box.
- 6. When you are finished click save! You have now created a package, try assigning packages to orders using automations!